Teachers on Wheels is looking for Teachers, Mentors and Experienced Professionals with a passion to inspire and teach others, who would like to apply their skills to a worthwhile charitable cause helping underprivileged children and youth. In your role as a Volunteer Teacher, helping students grow academically, to achieve their goals and setting them on a path towards a successful career will be top of mind for you.
Our new Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) Exam-Ready Bootcamp in Bangalore, India is a seasonal 12-weeks program that aims to attract the bottom 5 per cent of the student in High Secondary Schools in selected areas. These students are typically at-risk of dropping out of education all together and become withdrawn or cause self harm including suicide. In India alone, more than 9000 young people take their own lives each year due to academic pressure and exam failure. Our Exam-Ready Bootcamp will create a number of exam like scenarios for students to practice resilience in exams followed with coaching by experienced teachers and social workers.
How you’ll make an impact:
You will work with underprivileged and at risk youth and help them succeed academically to achieve their goals and set them on a path towards a successful career. Your work takes center stage in Teachers on Wheels’ mission and will be crucial to the organizations success.
What you will do:
- Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts.
- Prepare and hold lessons, creates innovative lesson plans and evaluates student performance.
- Discuss assigned duties with other teachers and organizers to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Use computers, audio-visual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Comfortable to teach STEM related topics at the High Secondary School level.
- Create exam scenario for students, assess answer papers, evaluate and provide feedback.
- Retired or current teacher with an ability to teach STEM related subjects.
- Teaching graduate students who want to complete a semester or assignment with us are also welcomed.
- Industry Professional willing to contribute their time under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or Giving Back initiatives.
- Passion for the work you do.
- Empathy and resilience.
|Time Commitment||Saturdays & Sundays for 12 weeks starting October|