We are seeking an Architect who will design our next low cost mobile classroom using recycled 20ft shipping containers as a shell. You are a graduate student studying to become an Architect or already work as a professional Architect who would like to apply their creativity and passion to a worthwhile charitable cause, through volunteer work, while honoring your skills and expand your portfolio? You find the idea of using shipping containers as mobile classrooms intriguing and are already thinking about how to minimize cost and maximize usability? If this is you, then we’d love to hear from you!
How you’ll make an impact:
Your designs will play a key role in Teachers on Wheels’ mission and will be used to build our next mobile classroom, which will be deployed in Australia and India.
What you will do:
- Work with the Executive Directors of Teachers on Wheels US, Australia and India to understand the mission, vision and strategic plans and visualize them in CAD drawings.
- Design our next mobile classroom using recycled 20ft shipping containers installed on a trailer.
- Design interior and exterior to maximize floor space and usability, while keeping the cost at a minimum, through innovative designs such as retractable sides and multipurpose design elements.
- Integrate solar panels and batteries to power a digital learning environment.
- Assist in cost estimation.
- You already have a small portfolio that demonstrates your creative work and talent.
Have a strong, focused sense of architecture and you can clearly articulate your design decisions.
- You envision innovative designs that help keep costs low.
- Ideally you have had previous experience creating designs that are then build using a shoe string budget.
You already have access to any CAD software or equipment needed to do the work and are proficient in it.
Ability to work independently and multi-task.
Ability to give and receive feedback and constructive criticism.
|Job Category||Creative, Engineering|
|Location||Work from home|