Volunteer: Social Media Specialist
Teachers on Wheels is looking for an experienced Social Media Specialist to take charge of our social media presence and help us connect with people across various social media channels to promote our mission and programs. You live your life connected and are always active on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc? You have excellent written communication skills that allow you to create compelling, current, and interesting content for social media streams? You work as a Social Media or Marketing Specialist in your regular day job and want to use your talent and passion to change peoples lives for the better? If that’s you, then get in touch with us!
How you’ll make an impact:
As the resident Social Media Expert, you will play a vital role in communicating Teachers on Wheels’ mission and programs to people across the world through social media. You will help increase awareness and help us connect with new Donors and new Volunteers. Volunteers such as yourself, together with Donors are the foundation that allows us to deliver our programs to people in need.
What you will do:
- Work with the Executive Directors/Presidents of Teachers on Wheels US, Australia and India to develop the social media strategy.
- Create compelling, current, and interesting content for social media streams and post them to Teachers on Wheels’ Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Represent Teachers on Wheels on various social media platforms and passionately communicate the organization’s mission and programs to the public.
- Manage Teachers on Wheels’ online communities (answering questions, communicating feedback to the team from followers, etc.)
- Help generate additional social media supporters (followers/likes) with Facebook, Twitter.
- Previous experience working with a non-profit organization is helpful but not necessary.
- Minimum of 1-2 years social media/community management experience with Facebook, Twitter, and/or YouTube.
- Clear, precise, and compelling writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ambitious with a creative mind-set.
- Well organized.
|Location||Work from home|
|Time Commitment||Average of 5 hours per week|