Teachers on Wheels is seeking an experienced Grant Writer to help develop and implement strategic plans to secure funding from local, regional, and national corporations, foundations, and government sources. You will be working directly with the Board of Directors and will be responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to grant-making organizations and will passionately communicate Teachers on Wheels’ mission and programs to potential funders. You will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with granter contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
How you’ll make an impact:
As a Grant Writer you will play a pivotal role in helping Teachers on Wheels build a stable funding base that allows us to focus on delivering our programs to people in need.
What you will do:
- Play a key role in securing funding for Teachers on Wheels in the US, Australia and India.
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents.
- Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing of each grant.
- Work with the Board of Directors to compile financials and data.
- Communicate the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Develop and maintains a proposal calendar.
- Coordinate and follow up on the progress of submitted proposals.
- Develop an annual grants strategy.
- Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate, and solicit new grants.
- You already have a solid track record in fundraising & grant development for nonprofits.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Clear, precise, and compelling writing skills.
- Passionate and effective communicator.
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy.
- Proficiency in using online tools such as Google Docs, Google Calendar, E-mail and/or Microsoft Office.