Last updated September 04, 2020
Privacy Notice Table of Contents:
- Our Commitment to Privacy
- The information We Collect
- The Way We Use Information
- Disclosure of your Personal Information
- Our Commitment To Data Security
- Access to your personal information
- Visiting our Website, Cookies and Third Party Sites
- Complaints about Privacy
- Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy
- How To Contact Us
1. Our Commitment to Privacy:
Teachers on Wheels (“TOW”) respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding your privacy. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information and we provide this notice, which is available on our website https://www.tow.ngo/au/ (“website” or “site”) and at many other points where personally identifiable information may be requested.
For reference “personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. The Information We Collect:
There are several areas on the TOW website where you may be asked to enter personal information. Response to these inquiries is strictly voluntary and not required to access the website. We DO NOT sell or share any personal information about you to or with any person or organization, except as authorised by you or as may be required by law or court order.
- Information we receive from you to make a donation. When you come to the TOW website to make a donation, you will need to provide personal information, such as the amount of your donation, your name, and address. This information is used by TOW primarily to allow TOW to acknowledge your contribution, which may consist of the inclusion of your name in our Annual Report among other means. You do have the option to donate anonymously.
- Information necessary to process your donation. In order to securely process a monetary donation, TOW has partnered with a payment processing service provider. Personal information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit card information, is collected to process the transaction. Any personal information collected during this process is not shared with anyone except TOW and the payment processing service provider. This information is not shared with any other third party.
- Information from the “Contact Us” section of the website. You may contact TOW through the “Contact Us” feature. Participation in this area is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information, such as your name, company, email, and telephone number. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with any third parties.
- Information from the “Volunteer” section of the website. You may contact TOW through the “Volunteer” feature. Participation in this area is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information, such as your name, company, email, and telephone number. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with any third parties.
- Information from the “Sponsor” section of the website. You may contact TOW through the “Sponsor” feature. Participation in this area is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information, such as your name, company, email, and telephone number. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with any third parties.
- Information from the “Carrer’d” section of the website. You may provide a copy of your resume to TOW for review and feedback. We bly urge participants to remove any personal information from resumes prior to submission and note that personal information such as your name, address, phone number and/or email address can be included by you following the resume review.
3. The Way We Use Information:
We may also make you aware of new and additional services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our services and better understand your needs.
4. Disclosure of your Personal Information:
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisors, agents, suppliers, volunteers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of a service.
We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property of safety of TOW, the TOW website or any third party.
Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located outside of Australia. These counties may include but are not limited to the United States of America.
If there is a change of control of our organisation, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information contained in those databases.
By providing us with personal information you consent to the terms of this Policy and the types of disclosure covered by this Policy. Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will request that the third party follows this Policy regarding handling your personal information.
5. Our Commitment to Data Security:
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
6. Access to your personal information:
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) by emailing us at dpo [@] tow.ngo and we reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances as outlined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
7. Visiting our Website, Cookies and Third Party Sites
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site such that we can improve our service.
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by TOW. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that TOW is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
8. Complaints about Privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to dpo [@] tow.ngo. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
9. Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us. For that reason, TOW is committed to going above and beyond what is required by law:
- We never knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information (including online contact information) from persons we actually know is under 18 unless providing a service specifically tailored to children for which we require prior consent from a child’s parent or guardian to proceed.
- In the event that we actually know a person under age 18 is attempting to provide personal information (without the prior consent from their parent or guardian) on this website, we will not accept the information and will delete any information already received from the person.
10. How to Contact Us: